Digital Marketing Strategy Case Study
This national car and truck rental company’s largest regional franchise needed to develop and implement a multi-channel digital marketing strategy to hit a very strict cost per acquisition (CPA) goal for online car and truck reservations across 7 US markets. Cathy Llewellyn was brought on as a Consultant for the role of Project Lead by a small Atlanta Ad Agency.
- Generate more online car & truck reservations than previous year
- Achieve a positive return on digital marketing investment
- Generate online leads at a lower cost per acquisition than Corporate
- Track & Calculate ROI by internet marketing channel
Digital Marketing Strategy
Kicking off the project with research, data analysis and strategic planning, we developed a comprehensive digital marketing strategy that marketed the brand, car inventory, and specials across email, paid search, display advertising and social media.
Coordinating special offers by region, we developed custom content to run across multiple Internet marketing channels to ensure a consistent brand experience: awareness in display advertising, direct-response special offers in search and email, positive customer service experience and loyalty rewards on social media.
Digital Services included:
- Behavioral research, data analysis
- Search marketing strategy & campaign management
- Social media strategy & campaign
- Display advertising planning, buying & campaign management
- Email wireframing, content/promotional schedule
- Summer sweepstakes running in search, display, email & social media
- Marketing analytics consulting
Digital Marketing Campaign Results
- Internet marketing campaigns began generating a higher volume of online sales by Month 4 of the project, year over year
- Achieved cost / reservation Goal (cumulative)
- Cumulative Cost per Reservation generated a very profitable return for each transaction – for every $7 spent, $150 was generated